Thứ Năm, 30 tháng 8, 2018


  • BMH
    Washington, D.C 


    Xin chuyển đến Quý Vị, Quý NT và CH....

    1.- Lịnh của Tòa Bạch Ốc treo Quốc Kỳ Hoa Kỳ rũ từ ngày 27/08/2018 cho đến chiều ngày 2/9/2018, 
    sau khi TNS John Sidney McCain IIIđược an táng.

    2.- Lời từ giã của TNS John Sidney McCain III gởi quốc dân Hoa Kỳ và đồng bào tiểu bang Arizona..


    Xin mời Quý Vị theo dõi để tường...


    BMH
    Washington, D.C 




    Fly the United States Flag at Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Senator John McCain
     Immediately Until Sunset, Sunday September 2, 2018  
    the Day of Interment 
     


    Presidential Proclamation on the Death of Senator John Sidney McCain III

    Issued on: August 27, 2018



    As a mark of respect for the memory and longstanding service of Senator John Sidney McCain III, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment.  I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

    IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-seventh day of August, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-third.

    DONALD J. TRUMP



    * Senator McCain will be laid to rest Sunday September 2, 2018 at the cemetery of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.




    -----Original Message-----
    From: The International News Center 
    Sent: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 19:46
    Subject: John McCain's <JC> farewell message in full
    JC will be remembered as a "traitor" or a "hero" depending upon your views and thoughts.  

    Goodbyes JC and rest in peace. 

     John McCain's farewell message in full: 
    "My fellow Americans, whom I have gratefully served for sixty years, and especially my fellow Arizonans,
    "Thank you for the privilege of serving you and for the rewarding life that service in uniform and in public office has allowed me to lead. I have tried to serve our country honorably. I have made mistakes, but I hope my love for America will be weighed favorably against them.
    "I have often observed that I am the luckiest person on earth. I feel that way even now as I prepare for the end of my life. I have loved my life, all of it. I have had experiences, adventures and friendships enough for ten satisfying lives, and I am so thankful. Like most people, I have regrets. But I would not trade a day of my life, in good or bad times, for the best day of anyone else's.
    "I owe that satisfaction to the love of my family. No man ever had a more loving wife or children he was prouder of than I am of mine. And I owe it to America. To be connected to America's causes – liberty, equal justice, respect for the dignity of all people – brings happiness more sublime than life's fleeting pleasures. Our identities and sense of worth are not circumscribed but enlarged by serving good causes bigger than ourselves.
    "'Fellow Americans' – that association has meant more to me than any other. I lived and died a proud American. We are citizens of the world's greatest republic, a nation of ideals, not blood and soil. We are blessed and are a blessing to humanity when we uphold and advance those ideals at home and in the world. We have helped liberate more people from tyranny and poverty than ever before in history. We have acquired great wealth and power in the process.
    "We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe. We weaken it when we hide behind walls, rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals, rather than trust them to be the great force for change they have always been.
    "We are three-hundred-and-twenty-five million opinionated, vociferous individuals. We argue and compete and sometimes even vilify each other in our raucous public debates. But we have always had so much more in common with each other than in disagreement. If only we remember that and give each other the benefit of the presumption that we all love our country we will get through these challenging times. We will come through them stronger than before. We always do.
    "Ten years ago, I had the privilege to concede defeat in the election for president. I want to end my farewell to you with the heartfelt faith in Americans that I felt so powerfully that evening.
    "I feel it powerfully still.'
    "Do not despair of our present difficulties but believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.
    "Farewell, fellow Americans. God bless you, and God bless America."

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét