Thứ Ba, 24 tháng 4, 2018


  • 1. NEVER BEEN THAT IN LOVE
    
    I have never been that in love
    The way I love you and poetry
    The pleasant voice and kind words
    A deep meaning you've always shown to me!
    
    Beside the feelings we shared
    Together we gave each other so much care,
    With the sweet scent of the literate stories till I dropped
    Like I got drunk after drinking so many cups!
    
    You are an imperturbable source of water spring
    Gently running down from far over the seasons,
    Lulling gracefully my tiring heart
    In the delightful rain or under the hot sun.
    
    We are two but just one
    We are one but truly two
    Like sturdy green palm trees
    Always standing straight when it's windy or stormy.
    
    I love you and I love the moon too
    After wrongfully wandering with unfitting dreams
    Now I have forgotten all the hard steps
    And I will always treasure your delightful friendship!
    
    Translated by MaiNguyen - 2003
    
    2. CHỢ TRỜI SAN JOSE

    Non cao nắng mỏng mây ngoan
    Nhớ về thung lũng hoa vàng miền xuôi
    Cuối tuần tha thẩn chợ trời
    Một rừng tĩnh vật gọi mời bước quanh

    Chiến bào gợi nỗi tử sinh
    Dăm pho tượng gẫy nhớ đình miếu xưa
    Phấn son nhớ thuở dại khờ
    Tim như cánh bướm nhởn nhơ vườn người

    Sách đèn nhớ mộng thiếu thời
    Xênh xang áo trạng vua vời đăng khoa
    Dép dầy nhớ tuổi thơ xa
    Đôi chân nứt nẻ tháng Ba rét đầy

    Vòng vòng quanh chợ mới hay
    Hồn ta phế vật ai bầy ngổn ngang.

    hahuyenchi
     
     
    2. SAN JOSE'S FLEA MARKET

    The high mountain, the thin sun, the gentle cloud
    Reminds me of the "Yellow Flowers Valley"
    That I wandered once at the San Jose flea market
    Where a jungle of things were inviting me to look at.

    War dress evokes memories of life and death
    Chipped, broken statues bring to mind the old Pagodas and Shrines,
    Cosmetics renewed my young innocent epoch
    While my heart was wandering in the neighborhood as a butterfly!

    Books recall me my old old dreams
    To be successful and be a great leader
    Shoes and sandals remind me of when I was a child
    With naked feet and cracking heals
    Deadly cold in the winter time!

    Around the flea market, I found my soul
    displayed as cluster rubbish for sale everywhere!

    Translated by MaiNguyen - 2003
     
     
    3. Không Gian Vương Dấu Giầy
    Ðêm nay trời đổi gió
    Nằm đếm sao trên trời
    Ðời những người Mũ Ðỏ
    Vui nhiều lắm em ơi
    Từng chuyến, từng chuyến bay
    Nói lên nhiều thương nhớ
    Dù trĩu nặng vai gầy
    Tim run từng nhịp thở
    Hoa Dù, Hoa Dù nở
    Lòng trai, lòng trai say
    Trời cao vun vút gió
    Xóm làng mờ chân mây
    Tôi đi tìm tình thương
    Trời thương yêu mở ngõ
    Hoa áo đẹp mười phương
    Máu thù loang Mũ Ðỏ
    Từng chiếc lại từng chiếc
    Hoa Dù nở trong mây
    Hồn tôi ai chấp cánh
    Không gian vương dấu giầy
    hahuyenchi
     
     
    
    3. BOOTS IN THE AIR
    
    There 's change on the wind tonight
    Lying down, I count the stars in the sky
    As I think of the fun in the Red Berets' life
    Impossible to recall every plight
    No matter how hard I try.
    
    Burdened with guilt of love untold
    Harnessed to the pack that weights on the shoulder,
    Paralyzed with fear the heart grows cold
    As confidence returns, people grow bolder!
    
    The parachute billows and opens wide,
    The village below comes into view as I descend
    Plunging downward, filled with pride
    I'm caressed by the dancing whirlwind!
    
    As each and everyone of the parachutes opened,
    Like flowers blossoming in the sky,
    While trailing thru the air, hanging the boots
    On the wings of the draft we fly!
    
    Translated by MaiNguyen - 2003
    
    4. Lệ Đá
    Bản Lệ Đá này ráp nối lộn xôn
    các lời 1,2,3 với nhau, khi dịch

    Nhạc: Trần Trịnh Lời: Hà Huyền Chi
    (Sáng tác khoảng cuối thập niên 60)

     
     
     
    Hỏi đá xanh rêu... bao nhiêu tuổi đời
    Hỏi gió phiêu du... qua bao đỉnh trời
    Hỏi những đêm sâu... đèn vàng héo hắt
    Ái ân... bây giờ là nước mắt
    Cuối hồn một... thoáng nhớ mong manh
     
     O rock, how old are you to dress with all your green moss?
    O wind, how far can you drift without getting lost?
    O winter's dim light, where has love gone?
    And why, with tears and memories, am I left all alone?
     
    Thuở ấy tôi như... con chim lạc đàn
    Xoải cánh cô đơn... bay trong chiều vàng
    Và ước mơ sao... trời đừng bão tố
    Để yêu thương... càng nhiều gắn bó
    Tháng ngày là... men say nguồn thơ
     
     Time past, I was like a lost bird in flight
    As I whirled along into the day's last light
    Just praying there'd be no storm in the sky
    Wishing some secret love would catch my eye
    And the illumination for my poetry will be fully inspired.
     
    Tình yêu... đã vỗ... cánh rồi
    Là hoa... rót mật... cho đời
    Chắt chiu... kỷ niệm... dĩ vãng
    Em nhớ gì... không em ơi
     
     But, alas! My love has totally vanished,
    As flower, its honey would never banish,
    So for me too, I hold onto the souvenirs past
    Tell me dearest one, do your memories last?
     
    Dòng tóc mây thơ... trên vai rủ mềm
    Mười ngón tay em... đan trong tủi phiền
    Lời hứa cao bay... cuộc tình cút bắt
    Giấc mơ hoa... đầu đời đã tắt
    Có gì vừa... trôi qua tầm tay
     
     In the hard rain, I still recall
    In your azure blue dress, you looked so small,
    Swathed in a cloak of innocence, a joy to behold,
    From where comes this immense sadness
    that now envelops my soul?
     
    Mầu áo thiên thanh... thơ ngây ngày nào
    Chìm khuất trong mưa... mưa bay rạt rào
    Đọc lá thư xưa... một trời luyến tiếc
    Nhớ môi em... và mầu mắt biếc
    Suối hẹn hò... trăng xanh đầu non
     
    The happiness we shared by just being together
    Didn't we both think all this would last forever?
    In re-reading your old letters
    I'm missing your sensuous eyes, your sweet lips
    The same moon and stars still fill our sky
      
    But without you, my darling, all alone, I cry!
    The scent of your hair seems to linger still
    Your ten fingers silently held the sorrowfulness
    Love was just a chasing game of mouse and cat
    When the promise was lost and the passion of love faded
     
    Một nét sao bay... trên khung trời buồn
    Ngọn lá me khô... lăn trên mặt đường
    Tưởng tiếng chân quen... tìm về lối ngõ
    Tiếng chân xưa... chỉ là tiếng gió
    Gió thở dài... lung lay hồn trăng
     
     
    The spark of a star appears over the dusk sky,
     The sound of dead leaves roll on the silent road
     I dream of the familiar steps coming back
     But it is just the sigh of the wind
     Which shakes the soul of the moon, I think!

     
    Người lỡ chia xa... đôi bên địa cầu
    Tình lỡ chia xa... hai bên đỉnh sầu
    Người đã xa khơi... cuộc tình tách bến
    Chút hương xưa... làm thành vốn liếng
    Cũng cùn mòn... theo chân thời gian
     
     We're apart on two sides of the world
    Our love is separated by the highest peak of the misery
    The boat has sailed far away
    Only the lovely memories stay.
     
    Lạy chúa ngôi... ba nghe con nguyện cầu
    Và giúp cho con... quên đi tình sầu
    Lời thánh ru êm... giọt đàn thống hối
    Chúa trên cao... mỉm cười thứ lỗi
    Những giọt đàn... vang trong trời tin

    hahuyenchi
     
     
    To Jesus Christ, the Holy Trinity, I pray
    Please help me to forget the grief in my way
    And in the sacred melody of the gospel
    The beautiful lyric of the song
    Up high on the Shrine
    Jesus smiles and forgives my oversights!
    Translated by MaiNguyen - 2003

    Hoan Dang
    hahuyenchi@aol.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét